Brothers Joe and Jerry Lambert and their best friend, Mark McWilliams, worked several years in the heating and cooling business learning everything there is to know about designing, installing and repairing heating and cooling systems. When they founded United Heating, Cooling & Plumbing, Inc. in 1990, they had a simple business philosophy: Do what you say you’re going to do when you say you’re going to do it.
Today United is still family owned and operated and employs more than 200 people. United is headquartered in Grandview, Missouri at our 113,000 square-foot facility.
United designs and installs heating and cooling systems in more new homes than any other company, and we design and build all of our own ductwork. In 2001, United introduced complete residential and commercial plumbing services to meet our customers’ needs. Our expanding commercial department handles any heating, cooling or plumbing problem businesses throw at us from new construction “design-build” and equipment repair or replacement to maintenance or emergency service calls.
United is a member in good standing of the Kansas City Better Business Bureau, Kansas City Homebuilders Association (KCHBA), National Association of Remodelers Institute (Kansas City NARI), North American Technician Excellence (NATE) and the Heart of America Chapter of Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC). United is LEED, AP certified along with the Green Professional certification.
Our Promise to You
- We’ll meet you at yourconvenience
- We’ll be professional and courteous
- We’ll respect your property and your time
- We’ll communicate with you at every step of the process with up-front pricing and a written detail of services performed and equipment provided
- We’ll keep a clean work area
- We’ll make sure you know how your system operates
- We’ll stand behind our work
- Do what is right
- Do your best
- Treat others as you would want to be treated
As Our Values
- Hard work
As a company, United’s employees believe in sharing our blessings. We actively support organizations such as The Breast Cancer Research Foundation, Character That Counts, Hope House, St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, Horizon Academy, Habitat for Humanity, and Kansas City Christian School, to name a few.
- Our crews installed complete HVAC systems in five St. Jude Dream Home Giveaways
- We were a proud sponsor of the 2011 Spring Homes Tour
- We provide donations for fundraising auctions at Horizon Academy, a school for children with learning disabilities
- We donated Wal-Mart and Target gift cards and bottled water delivered by semi-trailer to Royal Heights United Methodist Church in Joplin, MO for its tornado relief efforts